UPDATED TIME: Carleton Conversations – Covid-19 & Education (Virtual)
June 13, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
MPP Ghamari is hosting a virtual roundtable with parents in Carleton to assess broader economic and societal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Education in your communities.
She will be joined by MPP Sam Oosterhoff, Parliamentary Assistant to Ontario’s Minister of Education, the Honourable Stephen Lecce.
Below are some questions that will be used to inform and guide our roundtable discussion:
- What steps should the government take to ensure students are kept safe from COVID-19?
- What steps should the government take to ensure staff are kept safe from COVID-19?
- What protocols should the government put in place for families of students?
- What would it take for you to be confident to send your child back to school, or to go back to work in a school?
- What should the Ministry of Education know about your particular region in re-opening schools?
- Are there any other COVID-19 related educational concerns that should be raised at the COVID19 working tables?