Carleton Conversations – Health & Long-Term Care (Virtual)
May 5, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
MPP Ghamari is hosting a virtual consultation to assess broader economic and societal impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on Health & Long-Term Care in Carleton.
The discussion will target main themes in order to gather direct feedback. The themes are as follows:
- COVID-19 Impacts
- Crisis Response Measures
- Transitional and Post-Emergency Measures
- Recovery Measures and Expectations
To address these themes, please come prepared to discuss the following questions.
- How has the COVID-19 crisis impacted your sector? How is your sector measuring this?
- How has the public health response specifically affected your business or organization?
- How have economic impacts directly touched your local community?
Crisis Response Measures
- What direct supports has your organization received from government?
- Do you see any gaps in that support, or areas you recognized duplication between levels of government?
Transitional and Post-Pandemic Measures
- What are you thinking about as you consider the post-pandemic approach and economic recovery?
- What supports would your organization or local business community need as the economy is reopened?
- How could businesses and organizations potentially apply increased safety measures like physical distancing while maintaining productivity and profitability?
- How do you see your business norms changing as emergency measures are lifted?
- Many of you operate workplaces. What measures are you considering or recommend putting in place to ensure employee safety upon return to work?
- What types of action would you like to see from different levels of government to get the economy moving again?