The government of Ontario continues to safely expand vaccines to more individuals across our province. As of April 20, the AstraZeneca vaccine will be available in pharmacies and primary care locations across Ottawa for adults aged 40 and over. To find the nearest pharmacy offering vaccinations please visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations.
The following pharmacies are currently administering COVID19 vaccines:
- Paul’s Pharmasave: 990 River Rd., Manotick
- Good Health Pharmacy: 2-4188 Spratt Rd., Gloucester
- WalMart Pharmacy: 5357 Fernbank Rd., Stittsville
- Osgoode Pharmacy: 3192 Logan Farm Dr., Osgoode
- Stittsville Whole Health Pharm: C-1609 Stittsville Main St.
Dr. David Williams, Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, issued the following statement to expand COVID-19 vaccination eligibility at pharmacies and primary care settings.
“Starting Tuesday, April 20, 2021, Ontario will offer the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to individuals aged 40 and over at pharmacy and primary care settings across the province.
As we continue to fight COVID-19, we are doing everything possible to get as many vaccines into arms as quickly and safely as possible. We continue to be actively engaged with Health Canada on updated AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine safety. Last week, based on the review of available data from Europe and United Kingdom, Health Canada announced that it was not restricting the use of AstraZeneca vaccine in any specific populations at this time.
By extending vaccination eligibility for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine at pharmacies and primary care settings to individuals aged 40 and over, Ontario will be able to offer the protection of the vaccine to more Ontarians earlier than anticipated. With supply of AstraZeneca available at this time, the expansion of eligibility will also significantly increase access to vaccines in hot spot communities.
The health and safety of Ontarians is always our top priority, and for that reason, only COVID-19 vaccines that Health Canada determines to be safe and effective are approved for use in Ontario. All COVID-19 vaccines available in Ontario have been shown to prevent serious illness, hospitalization and death. Adverse reactions are extremely rare. We strongly recommend that everyone book their appointment as soon as they are eligible.
Ontario has administered over 3.86 million doses of the vaccine to Ontarians to date, and all of our partners and health care workers are continuing to work hard to administer doses as quickly as possible to Ontarians.”
The below pharmacies in Ottawa are a part of a recent expansion that was announced last week and will be providing the COVID-19 vaccine, please contact your local pharmacy to book an appointment.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: 1300 Stittsville Main St.
- Stittsville Drug Mart (Stittsville Shopping Centre): 1250 Stittsville Main St. Unit 21
- Shoppers Drug Mart: 5709 Hazeldean Rd.
- Hazeldean Pharmacy: 6150 Hazeldean Rd.
- Richmond IDA Pharmacy: 6265 Perth St.
- Richmond Village Pharmacy: 6146 Perth St.
- North Gower Pharmacy: 7-2333 Church St.
- Rexall: 1160 Beaverwood Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: 1-4744 Bank St.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: 647 Earl Armstrong Rd.
- Loblaw Pharmacy: 671 River Rd.
- Rexall: 144-1980 Ogilvie Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart: 2638 Innes Rd.
- Bridle Path Pharmacy: 6-4000 Bridle Path Dr.
- Loblaw Pharmacy: 1980 Ogilvie Rd.
- The Medicine Shoppe: 19-5303 Canotek Rd.
This expansion will bring the total number of pharmacies offering the vaccine to over 1,400 locations in Ontario and this number is expected to reach approximately 1,500 by the end of April.