As of Tuesday, May 11, 2021 individuals with at-risk health conditions such as dementia, diabetes and sickle cell disease, as well as Group Two of people who cannot work from home including grocery store, restaurant and transportation workers will be eligible to book an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
At- risk health conditions include:
- Immune deficiencies and autoimmune disorders
- Stroke and cerebrovascular disease
- Liver disease
- All other cancers
- Respiratory diseases, such as asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy
- Heart disease
For a full list of at-risk health conditions in phase 2 please visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ontarios-covid-19-vaccination-plan#at-risk
Group Two includes:
- High-risk and critical retail workers (grocery and pharmacies)
- Remaining manufacturing labourers
- Social workers (including youth justice)
- Courts and justice system workers (including probation and parole)
- Lower-risk retail workers (wholesalers, general goods)
- Transportation, warehousing and distribution
- Energy, telecom (data and voice), water and wastewater management
- Financial services
- Waste management
- Mining, oil and gas workers
For a full list of individuals eligible for their vaccine in group two please visit: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ontarios-covid-19-vaccination-plan#group-2
The following locations are providing vaccines:
- Eva James Memorial Centre – 65 Stonehaven Drive
- Nepean Sportsplex – 1701 Woodroffe Avenue
- Ottawa City Hall – 110 Laurier Avenue West
- The Ottawa Hospital – Civic Campus – 1053 Carling Avenue
- Queensway Carleton Hospital – 3045 Baseline Rd
- St-Laurent Complex – 525 Cote Street
- Ruddy Family YMCA-YWCA – 265 Centrum Blvd
- Horticulture Building – 1525 Princess Patricia Way
To book an appointment please visit ONTARIO.CA/BOOKVACCINE or call the Provincial Vaccine Booking Line number at 1-833-943-3900.
Mass vaccination clinics provide Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
Individuals aged 40 and over can visit ontario.ca/pharmacycovidvaccine to find a participating pharmacy and book an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine.
Individuals aged 18 and over in hotspot communities may also be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit the provincial booking website or contact a participating pharmacy for information on how you can obtain a vaccine.
For more information call the Provincial Vaccine Information Line number at 1-888-999-6488, or visit: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/covid-19-vaccine.aspx